In 1643, Claude Trudon, founded in Paris founded a shop where he sold wax and candles for domestic use among his clients, as well as candles for the chapel of the Saint Roch neighborhood. During the reign of Louis XIV, Maison Trudon established its first own factory, providing a benchmark for centuries of refinement and luxury, being highly prized throughout its foundation until today.
His motto in Latin and his blazon were engraved on a stone mural of the factory: a drawing of hives and bees bordered it, with the words: Deo regique laborant - They work for God and for the King. Such a level of excellence made Charles Trudon worthy of the name Earl Trudon des Ormes at the hands of Louis XIV.
Maison Trudon still preserves the history of the ancient recipes and ancient wax-whitening materials: the Roman wrought steel, the 17th-century casseroles ... the following indications can still be read in the molds used to shape the Candles: "Every candle of every Church of the Royal Chapel of Versailles lights up every night for the King."